I enjoy learning from others, both their research and their opinions.
But there are some folks who can be rather annoying. I'm sure they don't mean to be, so in the interest of being helpful, here are my top ways to really annoy others on Twitter.
- Use Twitter as your personal texting service. We're not interested in your private messages to your friends.
- Name drop or brag: "Boy this sunrise over Maui is awesome."
- Send a flurry of tweets one right after the other. This just clogs up everyone else's feed. Instead, release your Tweets over time.
- Send out random Tweets about nothingness.
- Be overly salesy. Give first...and once in a while sell or promote.
- Use profanity. Why anyone thinks it's okay to swear on Twitter or any social media is beyond me.
- Use so many abbreviations and shorthand it's difficult to understand what's being said. Keep it simple.
Do you agree with any of these? Did I miss any?
And, by the way, follow me on Twitter @wesbleed (if I haven't annoyed you).