So, the question is why aren't you doing it? As an executive, business leader or creative professional you have tremendous knowledge and expertise that would benefit others, expand your influence, raise your own profile and set you apart from others within your field.
Sure, it takes a little know-how and time. But after that, you really have no excuse. Here's how to begin:
- Offer to write a blog post or article for your company website. If your company's website has no blog, offer to start one.
- Offer to write a guest blog post for someone who has a blog you read and respect.
- If you don't yet have your own personal blog, create one. There are free sites such as blogger.com that give you all of the tools. I recommend getting your own domain (yourname.com) to look more professional.
- Write an article and submit it to an e-zine publisher such as ezinearticles.com. Your article will get picked up by search engines, which will lead people back to your website.
- If you already blog regularly, consider turning one or more of your posts into a YouTube video or audio podcast. YouTube videos also turn up in search results. You don't even have to appear on camera. See this video I created as an example.
We can help get you started. Send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.